Aug 12, 2012
According to Sarah Palin, 48, a former governor and vice presidential nominee, CALIFORNIA SUCKS.
Palin threw California under the bus in her attempt to boost the Romney-Ryan 2012 Republican presidential ticket, referring to the state as a "cautionary tale."
The former reality TV star suggested that a failure to elect Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan in November could force the rest of America to turn into California.
The rest of the nation should be so lucky. Regardless, here's some of what Sarah Palin had to say in her long Facebook rant:
- "When I think about the direction our country is rapidly drifting in, I can't help but look at California as a cautionary tale."
- "The Golden State once boasted the entrepreneurial innovation of Silicon Valley, the American creative engine of the arts, economically powerful and beautiful cities from San Francisco to San Diego, and fertile farmlands that helped feed the nation."
- "Now it is descending into financial ruin accompanied by an exodus of middle class Californians leaving for other states."
- "California's fastest-growing entity is government and its biggest product is red tape."
- "Obama's vision for America will make the rest of the country look like California."
- "Obama's America is today's California – complete with $100 billion taxpayer funded bullet trains to nowhere; out of control environmental extremists who have destroyed family farms and left some of the most fertile farm land in America fallow in order to protect a three inch fish; permanent high unemployment; government policies hostile to small business job creators; crippling high taxes; an abysmal real estate market; bloated government that wastes taxpayer money; endless budget shortfalls due to massive unfunded liabilities; city after city declaring bankruptcy."
Thanks, Sarah, for doing a drive-by on our state while implying that we are all stupid.
According to your vitriol, the biggest fools of all are folks like Ronald Reagan, Jerry Brown, myself, and others who focus on California for a living and are dumb enough to continue living in the Golden State.
- That Facebook account you're using to maintain a fan base? A California company.
- Is the browser you're using either Chrome or Firefox? California companies, babe.
- Silicon Valley maintains and optimizes the very Internet you are using to stay in touch with the outside world, and Silicon Valley is still in California, by the way.
- As well, your daughter Bristol's current gig on "Dancing With The Stars" is filmed in Hollywood, California.
- Since Mitt Romney invested millions into his San Diego area beach home, is Romney stupid too?
How utterly insulting to Californians, and how embarrassing for you, Sarah Palin. You owe a public apology to 40 million Californians.
"California: Love It or Leave It". Read it twice.