Sep 5, 2012
Albertsons store closures in California include only the store locations where business sucks (closures list below). Albertsons locations not on the store closure list will remain open in California pending future sales performance.
Several previous Albertsons locations have been shut down over the last three years.
Conversely, Wal-Mart plans to open its Neighborhood Market grocery stores across California in the coming months, while Target will be selling more groceries in its California store locations.
Big box retail stores typically sell groceries cheap as a loss leader, generating their profit from non-grocery items.
"These decisions are never easy because of the impact a store closure has on our team members, our customers, and our communities," said Supervalu CEO Wayne Sales.
List of California Albertsons Store Closures
- Anaheim, CA - Brookhurst & Katella
- Buena Park, CA - Dale & La Palma
- Covina, CA - Azusa & Cypress
- Culver City, CA - NOW CLOSED
- Fullerton, CA - Harbor Boulevard & Imperial Highway
- Garden Grove, CA - Harbor & Garden Grove Boulevard
- Glendale, CA - Central & Chevy Chase
- Hacienda Heights, CA - Colima Road & South Azusa Avenue
- Long Beach, CA - 7th & Redondo
- Los Angeles, CA - South La Brea & Rodeo Road
- Moreno Valley, CA - Pigeon Pass & Ironwood
- Norco, CA - Hamner Avenue & Hidden Valley Parkway
- Northridge, CA - Devonshire & Reseda Boulevard
- Ontario, CA - Grove Avenue & Walnut Street
- Riverside, CA - Limonite & Clay
- Rowland Heights, CA - Colima & Fairway Drive
- Van Nuys, CA - Van Nuys Boulevard & Sherman Way
- Victorville, CA - Bear Valley Road & Amethyst Road
- Walnut, CA - Amar & Nogales