Apr 1, 2013
Long before inventing his character as the world's most interesting man with a fake Mexican accent, Jonathan Goldsmith moved to Los Angeles, California in 1966 to launch a Hollywood acting career.
After appearing in 30 movies and 45 television series, Goldsmith retired to the Sierras and docked his boat at Marina Del Rey, not knowing that his most famous role awaited him.
Although the actor looked phenomenal in the photo on the right from decades ago, the new photo further below is even more envy-inducing.
Some dudes just age better than others.
"The world's most interesting man" is an indelible part of pop culture as the guy who has impossibly been everywhere, met everyone, done everything, and had it all.
Here are some popular jokes about The Most Interesting Man In The World, followed by a video compilation of hilarious Dos Equis TV commercials starring Jonathan Goldsmith as "the world's most interesting man."
The Most Interesting Man In The World Jokes
- If TMIMITW patted you on the back, you would put it on your resume.
- Bigfoot wants a picture of TMIMITW.
- An Etch-A-Sketch is an iPad in the hands of TMIMITW.
- When TMIMITW goes to a funeral, it turns into a resurrection.
- G-rated movies become R-rated movies simply because TMIMITW is watching.
- TMIMITW once got bitten by a poisonous snake and the snake died.
- TMIMITW won employee of the month, twice in one month, for a company he does not work for.
- TMIMITW once ordered a Whopper at McDonald's and still got it.
- TMIMITW found the Fountain of Youth but didn't drink because he wasn't thirsty.
- When TMIMITW eats, food chews itself.
- TMIMITW once caught a marlin using a hair from his beard as bait.
- TMIMITW doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the world down.
- TMIMITW cannot walk by a cemetery because the dead will rise.
- When TMIMITW gives a speech, the teleprompter reads him.
- TMIMITW once popped a wheelie on a unicycle.
- The laws of physics defer to the will of TMIMITW.
- When TMIMITW goes through customs, he declares his beard.
- TMIMITW's rule of thumb supersedes international treaties.
- When Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone, he had five missed calls from TMIMITW.
- When TMIMITW walks by a convent, nuns reconsider their vows.
- The Pope and the Dalai Lama have TMIMITW on speed-dial.
- Natural disasters stop at TMIMITW's notice.
- When TMIMITW opened a math book, Pi solved itself.
- TMIMITW has won trophies for his game face alone.
- When TMIMITW was born, the doctor slapped himself to see if he was dreaming.
- When TMIMITW is being shot at, bullets politely refuse to hit him.
- While driving, all trains stop for TMIMITW to cross.
- When TMIMITW slices an onion, the onion cries.
- TMIMITW's wallet is made of Chupacabra leather.
- TMIMITW once taught a German Shepherd to bark in Spanish.
- TMIMITW once counted to infinity, twice.
- TMIMITW's To-Do list says one thing - DONE.
- TMIMITW's autobiography is also known as the Guinness Book of World Records.
- The Pope confesses his sins to TMIMITW.
- TMIMITW ran a marathon backwards to see what second place looks like.
- TMIMITW runs on water and swims through land.
- TMIMITW's tears can cure cancer, although he never cries.
- TMIMITW warns the psychics.
- The Big Bang resulted from TMIMITW's birth.
- TMIMITW died 20 years ago, but Death is afraid to confront him about it.
- California is waiting to collapse into the Pacific Ocean until TMIMITW's essence fades from Hollywood.
The Most Interesting Man In The World Video